Global Data Privacy Notice
CHC Group LLC, and all of its subsidiaries (collectively “CHC”), are committed to upholding best practices concerning data security and information privacy and to ensuring that all Personal Information is treated in accordance with applicable security and privacy regulations.
Types of Personal Information We Process
CHC processes Personal Information only for legitimate business purposes. The types of Personal Information we process depends on the nature of your relationship with CHC.
“Personal Information” means any data relating to an identifiable individual, including name, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license number, and e-mail address. CHC may also collect biographical and health-related information from individuals it transports for both offshore oil and gas transport projects and for search and rescue and Medevac flights.
“Processing” means any operation performed on Personal Information, including collection, use, management, consultation, or disclosure.
Why We Process Personal Information
CHC processes Personal Information from a variety of individuals, including passengers, suppliers, visitors and prospective employees. We process Personal Information primarily for the following reasons:
- From offshore oil and gas, search and rescue, and Medevac passengers – in order to generate manifests and flight plans for the safe operation of our aircraft and to provide emergency medical care as needed.
- From suppliers – in order to manage supplier information, verify supplier identity, and process payments for products or services.
- From visitors to our facilities – in order to verify identity, provide proper building access, and communicate with visitors.
- From online inquiries – in order to respond to inquiries regarding CHC’s services or employment opportunities at CHC.
As required by GDPR, CHC has a lawful basis for processing the above information. This lawful basis includes one or more of the following:
- Consent – consent from you to process personal information.
- Contract – processing is required in order for CHC to carry out its contractual obligations or exercise its contractual rights.
- Legal obligations – processing is necessary in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Legitimate interests – processing is necessary for the pursuit of CHC’s legitimate business interests. The Legitimate Interests for the Processing
Where CHC has a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information, we have carefully balanced our need to process this data with your rights and freedoms and have determined that the processing is reasonable, proportionate, and has minimal privacy impact. The types of processing CHC does based on its legitimate interest include:
- Monitoring and investigating compliance with company policies and procedures
- Physical and system security, including the use of on-premises CCTV
- Execution and fulfilment of vendor contracts
- Management of disputes and legal proceedings
- Support for safety and aircraft operations, including the use of digital imagery
- Day-to-day business operations, including marketing and customer relations
- Maintaining appropriate business records
Protection of Personal Information
We take the security of Personal Information very seriously and have put in place proper technical and organizational measures to ensure Personal Information is not lost, stolen, misused, or improperly disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We periodically audit these technical and organizational measures to ensure we are upholding best practices.
Transfer of Personal Information
It may become necessary to transfer your Personal Information to a third party who will process your Personal Information for the purpose or purposes set forth above. We take the security of your Personal Information seriously and we understand that we may be liable for the onward transfer of your Personal Information. We therefore require third parties that receive Personal Information to certify that they (1) have adequate data protection measures in place; and (2) process information confidentially and in accordance with CHC’s written instructions.
Examples of 3rd parties we may disclose your personal data to are:
- Service providers, business consultants for internal business purposes and other vendors that process data on our behalf including Applicant Tracking Systems, Human Resource Information Systems, ERM systems, cloud and software provides.
- Insurers, banks with whom we do business, Auditors, Lawyers, accountants and other professional advisors for the rendition of professional services.
- Customers for the purpose of contract management processes.
- Emergency services including medical health providers
Where appropriate, you have the right to reasonably access, and to correct and update, your Personal Information. In certain instances, you may also request that the use and disclosure of your Personal Information be restricted. To request access to your Personal Information or to request that its use or disclosure be limited, please contact email@example.com .
Requirement to Disclose
We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with legal obligations, including contract obligations, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or CHC’s privacy practices in general, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHC’s Global and Regional Head Offices are below:
222 West Las Colinas Blvd., Suite 2050
Irving, TX 75039
CHC Helicopter Australia
Level 4, 1060 Hay Street
Av. Embaixador Abelardo Bueno, Nº 19
Sala 202- Office Park Center
Barra da Tijuc
Rio de Janeiro
CHC Helicopters Netherlands BV
Heli-One (Netherlands) BV
Fokkerweg 300 (Building 15)
CHC Helikopter Service AS,
Tel: +47 51 94 10 00
Heli-One Norway AS
PO Box 204
Tel: +47 51 94 14 00
CHC Scotia Ltd
c/o CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
78 Cannon Street,
London, EC4N 6AF
Tel: +44 (0)1224 846000
IOC Building/North Hangar
Heli-One (UK) Ltd,
Howe Moss Drive,
Kirkhill Industrial Estate,
CHC Ireland DAC
Sir John Rogerson’s Quay,
CHC Leasing SARL
8-10 Avenue de la Gare
Additional Privacy Notices: